Healthcare Case Competition
The UNC Healthcare Case Competition is an interdisciplinary event designed to leverage students’ unique learning, development, and career experiences by challenging them to develop an innovative solution to a relevant healthcare issue. This is a great venue for graduate students to showcase their leadership, critical thinking, creativity, and network with other future healthcare leaders—in addition to winning a prize! Graduate students from top-tier universities (to be confirmed) across the United States will be invited to participate.
The case competition also provides an opportunity for finalist teams from participating universities to attend UNC’s annual Healthcare Conference in Chapel Hill, NC—providing additional networking opportunities and a chance to attend workshops and panels led by industry leaders.
Who can participate?
Graduate students across disciplines (business, public health, pharmacy, medicine, nursing, dentistry, etc.) are encouraged to participate. Each team must have 4-5 graduate students with at least two disciplines represented (dual-degree students may fulfill this requirement).
How is the competition structured?
The UNC Healthcare Case Competition will include two rounds:
- Internal Round – UNC will host its own internal competition to identify its finalist team. If preferred, other universities may nominate their finalist team without hosting an internal competition.
- Final External Round – One finalist team from each participating university will travel to UNC Kenan-Flagler Business school to present their case solution. The competition will be judged by an interdisciplinary panel of healthcare industry experts.
- Internal Round:
- October 1st – October 18th: Team registration (virtual)
- October 27th: Competition Kick-off & Case Distribution (UNC KFBS)
- November 1st: Internal Round Case Submissions (virtual)
- November 2nd: Internal Round Case Presentations (UNC KFBS); finalist team announced
- Final External Round:
- October 27th: Case Distribution (virtual)
- November 6th: Final Round Case Submissions (virtual)
- November 8th: UNC Healthcare Conference (UNC KFBS) in conjunction with Case Presentations (UNC KFBS); winner announced
- Internal Round (UNC-Specific):
- 1st Place: $1,500
- 2nd Place: $750
- 3rd Place: $500
- Final External Round:
- 1st Place: $10,000
- 2nd Place: $5,000
CLICK HERE for information on previous healthcare case competitions.